You are going to go crazy for this biscuits and gravy casserole recipe. Seriously it is your favorite biscuits and gravy recipe all wrapped up in a fun casserole dish. Perfect for Holiday mornings, family gatherings, Sunday after church, or just because!
A Fun twist to the traditional biscuits and gravy recipe!
My kids went crazy over this gravy biscuit casserole. They loved the yummy biscuits and the sausage gravy smothered on top was a huge hit! This has because our new favorite comfort food!
Ingredients you need:
- 2 cans of Pilsbury Grand’s Biscuits
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of milk (might need more if gravy is too thick)
How to make biscuits and gravy casserole recipe:
- Cut your biscuits into quarters with a pizza cutter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the 9×13 pan with non stick spray.
- Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan. Do not smash together. Just sprinkle along the bottom.
- Meanwhile brown the sausage in a medium size skillet and drain the grease.
- Pour the sausage over the biscuits leaving some of the sausage in the pan for the gravy.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and cook for abut 30 minutes (until biscuits are cooked through).
- Right before the casserole is done, return the skillet with the sausage to the stove. Add the 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Over medium heat melt the butter. Add in the flour and stir around allowing it to cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the 2 cups of milk and stir with a whisk combining the flour with milk.
- Heat to a small boil stirring constantly, allowing the gravy to thicken. Add more milk if you need it thinner, or allow it to cook longer (Stirring constantly) if you need it to be thicker.
- Taste the gravy and add more salt if needed.
Pour your homemade gravy over the casserole and serve!
You would go crazy over the sausage gravy!
The trick is to save some of the sausage to make a delicious sausage gravy. That is what really makes the gravy biscuit casserole amazing! And if they love this, make sure you check out this Easy lasagna recipe. It’s another family favorite.
I hope you like this casserole recipe you can find some great casserole recipes here.